Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chasing Sunsets

I ran away... no really, I ran away. I let my mind control the now. Not the future and certainly not my past. What would happen in this moment would make me feel alive. And that moment and those feeling will haunt me until the next one.

I hold dear to all I have thus far. But it was in the slow turn of the head, a heavy beating in the heart, the view of familiar feelings in foreign territory. I was ready. To embark on a new adventure no matter what the cost. Finishing thoughts that whispered in her mind. I'll admit I have little to no discipline when it comes to matters of the heart.


Palm trees swaying, the smell of the ocean waves crashing, sand in hair, drink in hand, this moment, this conversation, this feeling under my feet, this band of colors bonded together by invisible tension... everything seem so clear so bright so Alive!


My heart is here but could I convince the rest of me to leave it all. Live my life on an Island and never look back.


I could write


I could watch the rain fall from the leaves


I could plan dinner from my backyard


I could teach children how to sail


I could finish my masterpiece


I could watch all my sunsets from the square


Sunkissed skin and unkept hair would smell like a tropical warm breeze filled in love. Who knew watching sunsets could be a passion.


No need to call... I'll send you a postcard…With Love:)




Acting and Apple Pie








1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written. Painting a calming, driven,and motivating picture.

    ReplyDelete